Today brought a group of students to Science Centre, and I really felt compelled to blog about it, because it was simply such an eventful trip! =)
Firstly, I met my uncle there! Haha, my uncle is a chemistry teacher in a secondary school, and today he too, brought his students there for the same chemistry talk. It was like I just entered the hall, and was looking for a seat, when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw this guy smiling at me. It took me awhile to realise that OMG he is my uncle! It's not that I couldn't recognise him. He's that kind of person whose looks you'll still recognise after 10 years. It's just I didn't expect to see him there, and probably I was too surprised till I was practically... stunned. =D
Then I was Shirli!! Haha, didn't know she has become a relief teacher at a secondary school. Was rather surprised to see her dressed like a teacher then bringing a whole lot of students (much much more than the number of students I brought =P). Then at first I wasn't 100% sure it was her. So I sms-ed asking 'You're in Science Centre ah?' Then she tau-ed my sms. -.- So I called her, then she sounded very surprised. Haha, what a coincidence right?
Then before the talk started, those students sitting next to me suddenly asked me whether I was a scholar who lived in hostel. When I said yes, they told me they were my juniors from the same hometown I came from. =D Didn't know I have so many juniors in school. Haha, and didn't know they were so enthu to sign up for such a talk. =P Then we started talking about many things, like our primary schools, our teachers etc etc. Was glad to know them, nice people! =)
Then the talk started, was about some fragrance chemistry thingy. Somehow most of the students were unable to understand the presentation, for it was full of organic chemistry, which most students have very little knowledge about, since they have not learnt it in school. IMO, not even a J2, at this part of the year, would understand the presentation. Cos you'll probably need quite substantial organic chemistry knowledge, plus some H3 knowledge to understand the presentation. So it was unsurprising to find many students chatting, sleeping or sms-ing half-way through the presentation. Haha, would suggest the presenter to use more lay-man language. I'm sure the effect of the talk would be very much enhanced by that! =)
Haha, then the greatest irony of the whole thing is that I wasn't even required to stay for the talk in the first place. -.- The teacher whom I was replacing told me I could leave once the students have safely entered the hall. Haha, but since the organiser repeatedly emphasised that 'We are expecting a full house today', I thought hmmm, probably the talk would be worth listening. And I'm glad I stayed! =)
Hehe, wonder if tomorrow I get to go Chinatown on official excursion. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment