01 February 2008

Gym Workout

I became a pig yesterday. Slept from 8pm till 6.50am this morning - close to 11 hours. I remember I was reading a book when I dozed off, and the next time I opened my eyes I was already nearly late for work. Great job for dozing off without setting the alarm. -.- Fortunately I have a neighbour who has the habit of not waking up even after his alarm clock has rang for half an hour. Somehow his alarm clock woke me up this morning and saved me from being late (just made it on time for flag raising). Then as I thought I slept the earliest, my colleague was proudly declaring that he slept at 5.30pm yesterday just as I stepped into the office. I was speechless. Have we all been working so hard? =P

***

Today I went to the school gym! That is a PROUD announcement because it marks my first attempt to regain my fitness since 2 years ago! =D Ever since I entered college I have not seriously worked out and maintained my fitness at all, so much so that I even failed my fitness test during my second year. My mentality was that since I wasn't doing NS so just heck care. But with these fresh NS graduates as colleagues around me, who patronize the gym every alternate day, I felt inspired and compelled to join them. It is truly amazing to realise how NS transformed their mentality towards workouts - before NS most of them trained just to pump up their fitness level so that they can last through NS, but after going through all the tekans and trainings, working out has become a healthy, long-term commitment for them. I felt really motivated by them and so today when one of them went to the gym, I just tagged along.

It was when I tried out some of the stations that I realised how much my fitness has decayed. Honestly without any serious training for 2 years, I'm almost starting from zero again. Back in the good old days when I trained consistently and was fit enough to even challenge mountains... sigh. T_T But I'm really grateful of my colleague who patiently guided me on how to use the machines and taught me several useful techniques and tips. His encouragement was also crucial in helping me overcoming the inertia to start training again. ありがとうございます!

I shall start planning a 'routine' for myself and track my own progress, and hopefully this time my motivation can last longer. 失去了才懂得珍惜, hence if I manage to build up my fitness again, I wish I can cherish it this time. =)

No comments: