03 February 2008

Life is enjoyable yet miserable

Life at this moment is so enjoyable and comfortable, except for one thing.

I like my current job very much - the students, colleagues, the school, etc etc, almost every aspect of it. I also enjoy my time very much with my friends - in hostel, over cyberspace, during dinner, etc etc, almost every minute of it. I like my present lifestyle as well - going to gym, giving tuition, learning Jap, watching drama, etc etc, almost every part of it. Life, minus that thing, would almost be perfect for me.

Unfortunately that thing is like my shadow - it haunts me wherever I go, and there's no way I can shrug it off. Even twenty years down the road, I'll still be stuck with it. Learning how to live along with it is impossible, because that thing is evil and dangerous. It eats away my soul and corrodes my sanity. Living with it will result in my decay and annihilation. But the fact is, there is no way for me to live without it. Like my shadow, unless I choose to live in darkness forever, as long as there's light, it will always be there.

Perhaps that's life - it can never be perfect. Instead, it will always be full of ironies. Beautiful yet tragic, enjoyable yet painful... and I'm probably fated to see more of such ironies than many other people. But still, life goes on, 没有地球太阳还是会绕... =(

Life - that thing = perfect

No comments: