Postmortem of yesterday's interview:
I think I did my best, although I don't know where would my 'best' stand among the other candidates. Competition for the places will be very intense, given that there are so many people vying for the so few places (I would expect them to only pick 4-5 from this center, out of the close-to-20-candidates). Anyway, the interview was sort of weird for one thing: the questions asked. 99% of the questions asked during the interview were actually from THAT letter. That means almost all the questions were already told to us beforehand, and hence we should be prepared for 99% of the questions. The way the interview proceeded was also sort of semi-formal - it was more like a chit-chat rather than a panel interview. Oh well, I just hope that my answers were good enough to get me a place. I did my best already, so the rest I'll leave it to God.
As I have always told myself, this interview is like a dry run for the upcoming interviews. Whatever worked this time would be retained and enhanced for the next interview, whereas those which did not work would be dropped and replaced by something else better. Well, the results would only be out 'a few weeks later', so for the time being, I shall just put this matter at the back of my mind and stop worrying about it. Haha, I need a break man.
Now move on to something else: tuition!
Argh, so far I have only 1 student, having lessons once per week. So that means I'm still operating way way way below my capacity as I still have nothing to do for 4/5 of my evenings! Well, not that I would like to give tuition every evening. *Ciao ah, I'm not a workaholic =D * But I think getting one (at least twice per week) or two (once per week each) more would be ideal. My income will be boosted, and I'll still get sufficient rest and leisure. Now it's like every evening that I slack I'll incur opportunity cost because I'll be forgoing income gained from tuition lessons. *Whee, my economics still rocks =D*. But yeah, haha, it's not easy to get students from agents, because you have to bid for the deal and attempt to outbid other potential tutors to get the deal. Also probably because it's close to CNY now, so people might want to start having tuitions only after the festival, so requests for tutors now will be lower. So meanwhile I shall just continue to slack and enjoy life until CNY is over.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment