Realised it was so long ago since I last visited some people's blogs. Read some entries that were posted last year, and they seemed so ancient now. Haha, not really ancient, but it's that feeling of looking back at something that has already passed, something that has probably been lost and gone forever, that gave me that weird feeling. Also came across many entries which talked about the future, like new year resolutions, university plans, etc etc. Can sense the expectations and confidence that many people are having right now. =D Reading both types of entries at the same time makes me feel as though I have just time-traveled back into the past and then was suddenly catapulted right into the future, like a tape being rewinded and then fast-forwarded. Haha, but it was fun reading those blogs! =)
Work in school is getting busier everyday. Today 3 teachers were on leave, so theoretically I would have many many lessons to relief. But I'm really grateful for my ADC to be extremely kind, as she painstakingly went round the entire staff room asking for teachers to swap lessons with the absent teachers, so that I won't have to relief that many lessons. A million thanks to her! =) But the main consideration she has in mind as she goes through the hassle of rearranging the schedule is that the poor students whose teachers are absent should not miss any proper lessons (since when I'm in class for relief I usually don't teach). I think the students under my consortium should really thank her as they are fortunate to have such a caring and considerate ADC!
Despite the heavier workload, I'm starting to like my work even more now. Firstly, I have very nice colleagues! They are really nice and friendly people - those fresh graduates from NS have endless jokes and weird experiences in NS to share with us, like telling us how they used to endure the tekkans and how they kill the boredom while doing guard duty with strange and meaningless activities; those PRCs are also equally nice and helpful, as we would have endless topics to talk about when it comes to common interests like dramas and music. So everyday we would go for lunch together, taking our own sweet time as we chat and eat. It's like the typical office's 颓废文化. =D My bosses are kind and understanding people! They are like my 靠山s in the office, giving me the necessary guidance and protection. They also imposed a highly necessary rule stating that other teachers would have to go through them before work can be passed to me. So that means I'm shielded from being overloaded with work. I'm also starting to enjoy being in classes with the students, especially the lower secondary classes. I realise that boys tend to be rowdy in class because they always seem to have excess energy that they have nowhere else to expend. It's like a natural tendency for them to talk and move about whenever the teacher is not watching. But it is from this rowdiness and noise that creative juices start to flow, and things get discussed and settled. *Haha, I've become more appreciative to noise and rowdiness =D* However it's also important to lay the rules clearly and ensure everyone adheres to it. Be strict and harsh when it is necessary. On the other hand, help them whenever you can - in their projects, their schoolwork or even their classroom decoration. It's a two-way process: be nice to them, and they'll be nice to you.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment