24 May 2006

Sabbatical Week so far...

Realised that sabbatical week hasn't been that slacky afterall. Although I have some spare time every afternoon, used them all to mug guitar. Yesterday sabbat ended like 3 hours before schedule at 1+ pm. Went to have lunch then went straight back to hostel, practiced guitar for 3 hours, trying very hard to learn to strum and to get the F chord right. Practice till like the tip all three fingers on the left hand turned purple, hurt like mad. Then today went to ask some pros, they said it was normal and when I play long enough, then I will become numb to the pain. OK, so guess I have to play more...

Regarding F chord, it is my second week trying to get it right. Dunno why there would always be at least one string buzzing. Tried all sorts of weird way barring the first fret, but couldn't seem to get it right. Then today went for practice, got some guidance from Tian Cheng (thanks =)). But still, I must practice to get it right.

Well, my first sabbat wasn't a really exciting and inspiring experience. Managed to learn something useful and practical instead. Looking forward to the next sabbat, hopefully I can get to really enjoy and relax myself before I set off for the camps...

Shall talk something about today. Yar...so today's talk. The first talk by Mr Adrian Tan, very funny and enjoyable, ha, had a good laugh, but then I started to wonder what was the purpose of his talk... To advertise his book? Both titles were out of print for very long already (according to himself)... Then the second talk, went for the philo one, realised that half way through the talk, it was as if everyone was attending a mass sleeping session. Tried to pay some attention, but soon realised that it was futile attempt. Got a good scolding after the session from the teacher present... Never mind...

Then got Bio SPA. Screwed some parts of it...Sigh...Never mind again.

The afternoon was interesting, had 3 CCAs cramped into one afternoon: guitar, network and MLDDS. Ha, don't ask me how I got into MLDDS, basically all ASEAN scholars are by default in it.

Lol...realised that my post today is a bit random. Never mind, since I typed so much le, shall not delete it.=D

No comments: