04 July 2008

Quotes

“人格比文凭更重要” ——东方比利

“他虽然不是什么好榜样,但知错能改,善莫大焉,浪子回头金不换”——汪妈妈

It was probably the most useful and inspirational consortium assembly I've ever been to. The DJ Billy Wang, a highly potent 师奶杀手 =D, captivated our full attention when he shared with us his growing up story and his fight against cancer. Before this talk, all I knew about him was that he is a cancer survivor and a highly successful DJ. I've never heard or read about his turbulent teenage years - when he intentionally cross-dressed to get into the entertainment industry, his hatred towards his elder brother which caused him to vow not to learn English for his entire lifetime, and his dislike towards his family which prompted him to move to Singapore. The time when he fought against cancer was the darkest period of his life, but it was also a rare opportunity for him to reflect on his past, and to repent on his mistakes. A new lease of life began for him since then.

His story remind me that of Lance Armstrong's, whose biography I just read a few weeks ago. He mentioned something very true: as technology advances and people live longer, cancer is no longer the end of life, but rather, it is part of life.

No comments: