I don't know what he is up to, and I don't like what he is doing at all.
Recently wherever he goes, he would make it a point to tell everyone about it. Then as if that was not enough, he would make sure to emphasise how difficult it was to get into it. A beaming and satisfied smile would then appear on his face when he hears the 'congratulations', 'you have taught him well' and the gasps of unbelief and amazement.
Honestly, I do not find that amusing or necessary. In fact, whenever he does that I feel sick and the strong desire to run away, to hide as far away as possible from his shamelessness and selfishness. You can see his ego exploding right in everybody's face whenever he starts boasting about all these, and it feels disgraceful enough just to stand next to him. While he seems to indulge in the sense of glory and satisfaction of doing this, has he ever realised how strongly I resent and despise what he is doing? What am I to him? Just something for him to show off? Has he ever noticed the expression of some of his listeners, who clearly showed their disagreement at the way he went about exaggerating his tale? Has he realised how much pressure and stress he is mounting upon me, by subjecting me to all these unnecessary attention and questions?
While I do understand that he is happy and proud to share my achievements, I strongly disapprove the way he goes about about doing it. Personally, I do not see the need to preemptively tell others about it if they do not ask or if the flow of the conversation does not warrant the need to speak about it. I did not even tell my bosses or my new colleagues about it, before they caught the wind from somewhere else and started asking me about it. I just didn't see the need for the whole world to know where I'm going next. If they want to know, they'll ask and find out from me. But if they don't ask, I don't see the need to inform them at all.
You might say that it is normal for someone like him to do what he is doing. Well, I might not be so infuriated if he just stops at telling them where I'm going, without highlighting the second part, which he so often emphasises and re-emphasises. It just drives my blood pressure higher everytime he does that, and in my heart I would start screaming 'stop that bullsh*t!!!!!!!!'. Honestly I think that is just way way way too much, and it so often makes me feel that I am nothing more than an object for him to show off.
I feel sick.
Recently wherever he goes, he would make it a point to tell everyone about it. Then as if that was not enough, he would make sure to emphasise how difficult it was to get into it. A beaming and satisfied smile would then appear on his face when he hears the 'congratulations', 'you have taught him well' and the gasps of unbelief and amazement.
Honestly, I do not find that amusing or necessary. In fact, whenever he does that I feel sick and the strong desire to run away, to hide as far away as possible from his shamelessness and selfishness. You can see his ego exploding right in everybody's face whenever he starts boasting about all these, and it feels disgraceful enough just to stand next to him. While he seems to indulge in the sense of glory and satisfaction of doing this, has he ever realised how strongly I resent and despise what he is doing? What am I to him? Just something for him to show off? Has he ever noticed the expression of some of his listeners, who clearly showed their disagreement at the way he went about exaggerating his tale? Has he realised how much pressure and stress he is mounting upon me, by subjecting me to all these unnecessary attention and questions?
While I do understand that he is happy and proud to share my achievements, I strongly disapprove the way he goes about about doing it. Personally, I do not see the need to preemptively tell others about it if they do not ask or if the flow of the conversation does not warrant the need to speak about it. I did not even tell my bosses or my new colleagues about it, before they caught the wind from somewhere else and started asking me about it. I just didn't see the need for the whole world to know where I'm going next. If they want to know, they'll ask and find out from me. But if they don't ask, I don't see the need to inform them at all.
You might say that it is normal for someone like him to do what he is doing. Well, I might not be so infuriated if he just stops at telling them where I'm going, without highlighting the second part, which he so often emphasises and re-emphasises. It just drives my blood pressure higher everytime he does that, and in my heart I would start screaming 'stop that bullsh*t!!!!!!!!'. Honestly I think that is just way way way too much, and it so often makes me feel that I am nothing more than an object for him to show off.
I feel sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment