19 June 2008

Student Pass Application

I've been trying to apply for a Student Pass via the ICA online system, but somehow I ran into a stupid problem, and more problems that arose because of it.

I was prompted to state my province of birth. In the drop-down list, I couldn't find "Kuala Lumpur". It was a stupid and minor issue, but I dared not anyhow put other choices because I feared that it might complicate things later on.

So I called ICA via its customer service hotline to seek assistance. For 3 days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), I called and no one answered my call. I was put on hold to listen to music while the machine responded that an operator would speak to me soon. I waited for at least 5 minutes each time, but still no one answered. Sensing that no one would ever answer my calls, I sent in 2 emails to ICA last week, to which I have yet to receive any reply.

I wonder if it takes that long to reply to my mail, or to give me answer over the phone. Hmm.

No comments: