13 January 2007

Orientation Campfire!

Woohoo, Orientation Campfire Night was fun!

Although it was raining all-day (ermm, probably for two days and nights already up to Friday night) and campfire had to be held in the hall, it didn't spoil the mood at all! The J1s were super-high all night, with all the deafening cheers that erupted from time to time =). Whenever a fac made its appearance on stage, be it the performance item, flag or dance, the J1s would cheer as loudly as they could, and it was really great! Haha, it reminds me of last year when I was part of that crowd, cheering all the way for the whole night. Though this year I'm already a J2, but being together with the J1s really ignited that enthusiasm in me again for the night!

Could sense that the rivalry between the faculties has intensified greatly this year! Last year Apollo was the champion, with a clear lead over the rest, but this year the tide seemed to have turned against us! T_T At first it was the War Games, when I witnessed the entire process how other three facs ganged up to bully the Bull Boy. Owww... pain... But I must say that the Apollo juniors put up a brave fight! They really showed the fighting spirit, defending their base with the wall of man, wearing down other facs' attacks and eventually launching a counter. It was really exciting and heartening to watch them fight! Then it was the flag and item contests on campfire night. Though Apollo didn't win in both events, the enthusiasm of the entire fac could still be strongly felt! If Apollo were to make a comeback, then this enthusiasm must not fade! Go go Apollo!

Anyway, back to campfire night. Saw for the first time the new Apollo fac dance, and thought that it was really very cool, perhaps even better than last year's! =) And the Athenians lived up to expectation by putting up a really hilarious performance. Haha, thought that it may even become their fac tradition to do so in future years. =D

After that during the song and dance session, we finally joined our junior class and had fun together. Our juniors are really a fun-loving and friendly lot, and I enjoyed being together with them! Go juniors! =D Then at the end of the campfire, thanks to a pause in the raining, there was the grand fireball light-up! Then we took a photo with our juniors at class bench before I left.

I didn't want to leave so early, if my parents had allowed me to stay for the night... T_T (sounds as if Cinderella had to go home by 12 midnight =P) Anyway, it was past 12am when I finally reached home, partly due to the landslide down the road that caused a terrible jam along the road. So that explains why I am posting this only one day later. Campfire night was really a night which I would not forget, for all the fun, memories and friends. Hope everyone had lots of fun! =)

No comments: