Today is Mid-Autumn Festival. Supposed to see a bright round moon, but the scene was obviously spoiled by the thick, acrid haze that has been worsening over the past few days. I had been coughing for the past two days, mainly because of the contaminated air that irritates my lungs all the time. Really wonder how long more I can last under such conditions without falling really sick.
Usually from the view of my room, I can see the entire CBD skyline clearly. Even those fireworks display at Kallang or Esplanade can be seen from my room. However these few days, the visibility dropped to such low level that the entire CBD appeared as total darkness at night, not even a single speck of light can be seen. Even the Chinese High clock tower looks fuzzy! This just shows how thick the haze is.
Now I can’t even open my room’s window, because it is facing an open space, and once the wind blows, all the smoke particles would just swarm in and suffocate me… So my room is very hot, but I rather suffer under the heat than to be tortured by the haze.
According to NEA, yesterday’s PSI was 80, the highest this year. Well, according to my estimation, tonight’s PSI would exceed 100 (on Mid-Autumn Night!!!). And the duration of tonight’s haze is much longer than last night’s. I really hope that the wet season arrives soon, so that the monsoon rain will extinguish all those thousands of square kilometers of forest fires raging in
No comments:
Post a Comment