22 October 2006

Dilemma

Really in a great dilemma now...

Suddenly realised that weighing the marginal costs and benefits of a decision isn't that easy, especially when the decision involves intangible benefits and costs, which can hardly ever be quantified.

The decision also has to be made soon, as the deadline is nearing. But I'm still at a total lost, torn apart between my interests and the practical needs. 'Let your needs decide what you do, not your wants' - a sound advice indeed. But certainly it's not going to be an easy job trying to convince yourself to give up something you really have an interest in.

Furthermore, the stakes are high - there is a rather high likelihood that I might just end up 'reaching neither side of the river' (translated from chinese idiom). So should I just continue with the path I'm on now (which is of course, much safer), or should I be daring and venture into uncharted waters and try to obtain the huge reward that is promised at the end?

Confused... :S

No comments: