20 July 2006

The Results

Finally, we got back the results for all the papers we sat - Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, and of course, not forgetting GP. Personally, I think I did rather well, with the exception of GP, which I got a C5. Could have done better, if I did not screw up my AQ, if I did not score 1 out of 5 for vocab, and if I put in more effort in the subject since the beginning of the year... Well, it is useless to say all these now. GP is my weakest link, and I would certainly do something to improve my standards.

On the whole, the cohort did moderately well in most subjects (that I heard of), with papers like Physics nearly wiping out the entire cohort. Those who got A for that subject must really go and celebrate. For Economics, Mathematics and Chemistry, there were many people who did well, but there were also many who did poorly. But Biology, as usual, only 6 out of the entire cohort got an A, and Mrs Foo said that our cohort beat the previous batch's record of failures by 1 extra person. To quote Mr Pang, it is really time for us to reflect upon ourselves and find out our mistakes. We can afford to make mistakes this time, as BT takes up only 15% of the total score, but when it comes to Promos, we can no longer afford to commit a single folly, especially with its 65% weightage. The same should also apply to teachers, as they must find out the reason why certain people, if not classes, consistently scored below average, and provide the necessary aid and guidance to them.

P.S. Why is ASRLCT not returning us our Chem ILP? How are we going to do the online assessment without that? *Not fair...*

No comments: