17 July 2006

12 hour day

Today experienced my first 12-hour day in JC life. School started at 7.15 am with flag raising at high school side, then supposed to end at 7.15 pm after Bio O training. The whole day was packed with lessons, with lessons following lessons, one lesson after another, without much break between the lessons. So after so many lessons, we have learnt the lesson that Mondays will be packed with lessons, and the day will be long and tiring.

Throughout the day, the few of us were counting down towards 7.15 pm, and after maths tutorial was "half-time", after 15 mins of extra time. Half-time lasted for 1 hour long, before we got back to more lessons. Then bio O started at 5.15 pm - first of all elected a class rep, and somebody from 7C happily volunteered himself to be our most responsible and reliable class rep. Then chose treasurer, nobody volunteered, so teacher appointed one guy, who refused, then the teacher somehow called Chern Wei, and so he is our treasurer. Wonder whether to buy that book that costs $15-16 if I'm not going to be in the final squad afterall. Besides that, I heard that foreigners not allowed to go for IBO, unless he/she converts immediately. Well, maybe I'm not that pro enough to reach IBO anyway...

Back to the topic, so the first session went on, then at 5.50pm, the teacher said, "That's all for the briefing today. You all may leave now." OMG, that's like more than 1 hour before schedule, and yay, the 12 hour day ended 1 hour earlier. But I doubt I'll be so fortunate in future, because my senior told me that a 13+ hour day is common in HC, especially if you are taking S papers. Yup, so I guess today is just a prelude to the scarier future, which I must be mentally prepared to accept when it comes.

No comments: