11 July 2006

About my Pencil Case

For those who know me, they'll know that I use a Little Bobdog pencil case, with transparent body, purple lining and zip. In it, there is 1 mechincal pencil, 2 blue pens (Pilot G2), 2 black pens, 1 15cm ruler, 1 correction tape, 1 yellow highlighter, 1 red pen, 1 eraser, 1 box of 2B pencil lead and 1 thumbdrive.

On the whole, it seems all right, just that overall the pencil case looks a little dirty (stained by pencil lead), as I have been using it for the past 4 years or so. Some people might find the purple colour a little disturbing, but it's not that kind of 'hot' purple, more towards pale purple. There's also one Little Bobdog on each side of the body of the case, rather cute, not that kind of overly childish-cartoony kind.

Enough of the description of my pencil case, and I still don't find a big problem with it. Still, it becomes an issue to some people, who have not seen me using it before. Sigh, never mind, maybe they don't understand my situation well - I got that pencil case few years ago because my sister didn't want to use it, and in an attempt to resolve a conflict between my sis and my mum, I volunteered to use it. I realised that it may not be the most up-to-date pencil case in terms of design and colour, or it may not be the best-looking one either with its colour fading due to its old age and being stained by the pencil lead. However I still continued to use it and didn't get myself a new one all these years.

The reason behind that is complex and kinda lame, just to summarise it all - it is because I have never bought myself a pencil case before and I don't have money to buy one. All the pencil cases that I have used in my life were either bought by my parents or given to me by my friends or siblings. And regarding the money, my parents do not give me much extra allowance which I can spend on buying anything else beyond my daily meals. Yup, and so that is also part of the reason why I have been using this pencil case for so long.

Besides that, for your information, most of the things in my pencil case were not bought by me either! The mechanical pencil was from my brother who abandoned it just because the cap for top went missing; all the pens were couped from the library, where people often leave their pens on the tables and forget to collect them when they leave; the thumbdrive was a free gift when my parents bought my laptop for me five years ago; and the ruler was a courtesy from my sister.

Regardless of all those, I would still continue to use the same pencil case for the forseeable future. (*as if i have much of a choice -.-) I hope my post here helps to clear some of the queries that some people have for me. I hope the issue would not be blown up, and I appreciate those who have shown concern, provided suggestions and comments to me.

No comments: