MANY MEN
Many men have come from KE
Many men have passed this way
Many men have searched for glory
As they walk the Keviian's way
The Keviian's way, the Keviian's way
This will be the Keviian's way
To strive and seek and search each day
We will stand by what we say!
Well, I'm now part of KE hall, and thus officially a Keviian! =)
The one week of hall orientation was full of fun and memorable moments. There were lots of games, many under the scorching hot sun and sweltering heat; lots of cheering and singing sessions that made my throat went hoarse. From the food hunt to the station games, the beach games at Sentosa to the 'transition' ceremony (a ceremony that marked the transition from being a freshie to being a Keviian), I must say that I truly enjoyed the entire orientation. Hopefully, hall life would be as interesting and exciting when the term starts!
Before I moved in I was rather worried of not getting to know people in hall, but I could not have been more wrong. Honestly I think I am fortunate to make so many new friends, who will be my friends, neighbours, dinner mates, team mates (for hall sports) and mentors (for seniors) for the rest of the year. Despite coming from different nationalities and faculties, we bonded together very well, played lots of games together and had lots of fun chatting and laming around during meals, simply because we share one common identity as Keviians. I really like the warm and helpful seniors, who literally went all out to make sure we would never feel lonely and helpless. I guess this is the spirit that makes hall life so attractive (as compared to residences), as well as the glue that will gel us together!
About my room, hmm, honestly I don't quite like my room, because I can't stand the heat at night. My window is facing west, so that means almost every afternoon my room will get about 5-6 hours of direct sunlight and heat (even with the blinnds closed), which effectively turns my room into a mini greenhouse. At night, I can often feel the heat radiating from the floor and the walls, which can be quite unbearable sometimes, especially when the ceiling fan doesn't help at all as it keeps rotating, so you'll feel cool when the fan blows at you for 5 seconds, then feel hot for the next 20 seconds before the fan turns back at you. =( Even after I bathe, I would almost always start sweating again if I stay in my room long enough. Gahhh... Otherwise my room is fine and decent. It has a nice big shelf for me to put all my stuff, a rather comfy bed and lots of pegs to hang my clothes. I'm also fortunate to have med seniors as my direct neighbours, who I can kacau if I need help in my studies =D
THERE IS ONLY ONE KE HALL
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall!
Cheers!
Many men have come from KE
Many men have passed this way
Many men have searched for glory
As they walk the Keviian's way
The Keviian's way, the Keviian's way
This will be the Keviian's way
To strive and seek and search each day
We will stand by what we say!
Well, I'm now part of KE hall, and thus officially a Keviian! =)
The one week of hall orientation was full of fun and memorable moments. There were lots of games, many under the scorching hot sun and sweltering heat; lots of cheering and singing sessions that made my throat went hoarse. From the food hunt to the station games, the beach games at Sentosa to the 'transition' ceremony (a ceremony that marked the transition from being a freshie to being a Keviian), I must say that I truly enjoyed the entire orientation. Hopefully, hall life would be as interesting and exciting when the term starts!
Before I moved in I was rather worried of not getting to know people in hall, but I could not have been more wrong. Honestly I think I am fortunate to make so many new friends, who will be my friends, neighbours, dinner mates, team mates (for hall sports) and mentors (for seniors) for the rest of the year. Despite coming from different nationalities and faculties, we bonded together very well, played lots of games together and had lots of fun chatting and laming around during meals, simply because we share one common identity as Keviians. I really like the warm and helpful seniors, who literally went all out to make sure we would never feel lonely and helpless. I guess this is the spirit that makes hall life so attractive (as compared to residences), as well as the glue that will gel us together!
About my room, hmm, honestly I don't quite like my room, because I can't stand the heat at night. My window is facing west, so that means almost every afternoon my room will get about 5-6 hours of direct sunlight and heat (even with the blinnds closed), which effectively turns my room into a mini greenhouse. At night, I can often feel the heat radiating from the floor and the walls, which can be quite unbearable sometimes, especially when the ceiling fan doesn't help at all as it keeps rotating, so you'll feel cool when the fan blows at you for 5 seconds, then feel hot for the next 20 seconds before the fan turns back at you. =( Even after I bathe, I would almost always start sweating again if I stay in my room long enough. Gahhh... Otherwise my room is fine and decent. It has a nice big shelf for me to put all my stuff, a rather comfy bed and lots of pegs to hang my clothes. I'm also fortunate to have med seniors as my direct neighbours, who I can kacau if I need help in my studies =D
THERE IS ONLY ONE KE HALL
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall
There's only one KE hall!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment