19 December 2007

Clutch! Clutch!

Went for first practical lesson of driving today! Omg, it was an unexpectedly horrifying experience! =P

The main problem lies with the bukit segment. Argh, and the main problem lies in my poor control of the clutch. T_T Straight away my instructor was able to tell that I have never driven a manual car before, and have only driven automatic cars. "Your left leg is useless in automatic cars, that's why." Lol, how true!

Cos when you reach the top of the bukit, you have to break, then move forward again without your car slipping backwards by a single inch! Omg, that was like mission impossible for me! T_T My instructor got a bit pissed at my stupidity and clumsiness in controlling the vehicle after I tried for the umpteenth time. Argh!! Felt so malu lah, like all other students learning at the same time were able to control their cars with such great ease, and I was the only one struggling! T_T

However, the worst part was the car kept dying!! Wah lau, stupid car! Nah, it's not the car's fault. Basically it was because of my poor co-ordination of the breaks, clutch and accelerator! "Push the clutch to the fullest when you break!!!" I kept forgetting that. Bleh, driving is not so easy afterall!

The other two sections, side-parking and three-point turn, were easier, cos they are on flat terrain, so there were less problems with the clutch. Sigh, I hope I can pass the test! Otherwise I'll have to pay for the remedial and retest, which is such a waste of time and money! =)

No comments: