New template design! (=
Spent almost the entire yesterday re-designing my blog. Decided to stick with simplicity – looks less cluttered and healthier for the eyes. Youtube videos also no longer seem to cause any scrolling lag - an irritating problem with my previous template, which was one of the primary reasons behind this template change. The other main reason is of course, it’s time for my blog to sport a new look and feel.
This template was built from the basic Simplicity template provided by Blogger. Added some tweaks to the original version, such as the post dates in calendar format, as well as author and time stamp appearing under the post title instead of next to the comments and tags. As I am a rookie when it comes to webpage designing and in general, IT stuff, it took me quite a while to figure out how to achieve those effects. A lot of time was wasted trying to understand the codes making up the blog. After much trial and error I finally got them to work exactly the way I wanted. Thankfully all the effort paid off as I felt quite satisfied with the new design and everything seems to be working smoothly so far!
In the process, I also took some time to discover some of the changes made to the web over the recent times, such as the drastically-different Twitter and the various new functions of Blogger. During semester time, rarely do I have time to catch up with the rapid pace of advancement taking place online and elsewhere. Now with a lot of spare time, I finally have the opportunity to update my self a bit. One of my star catches yesterday - this Twitter client for Windows called MetroTwit. Stumbled upon it while exploring Twitter. Instantly fell in love with its sleek design and user-friendliness. And with that, hopefully I will be more connected to my friends on Twitter!
Being able to include a picture as part of a paragraph of text, like this: has been my dream for a long time. I’ve always thought it looks cooler that way. My wish came true yesterday when I finally found out how to do it. Basically it cannot be achieved using the Blogger new post editor, which I have been using all along to post new entries on my blog. It can only be done using a software such as Windows Live Writer, which is free. Wonder why it took my so long to discover something so simple haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment