26 April 2006

CT session

Today's CT session had two extremes: the ultra-boring part of the presentation by GP batteries, and the extremely interesting part of the performance by two guest performers.

For the first part, I seriously wonder why the school invited a commercial company to come down and talk to us about rechargable batteries, battery chargers and everything else about GP batteries. Basically there was no one really paying attention to the presentor, except for some of my classmates who were frantically taking down notes in preparation for the quiz that took place later :X Well, nice try, although they didn't get anything much besides a wrong attempt at the end.

Then came the cool guy with his white hair, his guitar, and his partner. At first when we first saw him, there was a debate on whether that person is a guy or a girl. Finally, the mystery was resolved when that person started talking into the mic with a manly voice. Yes, no doubt now, he is a guy.

Then they went on to perform several pieces, which were all very nice and I enjoyed every piece they played. I was impressed by their skills of playing the guitar too! (hehe...because I'm still noob at playing the guitar) The cool guy then made some remarks about the development of the arts and culture in Singapore, and I suddenly thought that isn't that a good topic for PI? OK, I'm digressing... Back to the topic. He said something near the end that somewhat inspired me: it is better to fail gloriously than to lead a mediocre life. Hehe, so perhaps there is no harm failing in life afterall, at least it proves that your life has not been a mediocre one.

Before he left, he actually mentioned about his website, which I have forgotten. Can anyone tell me?

No comments: