A few interesting events during my last Colorectal call:
An elderly lady was blasting 梁祝 through her phone while I poked her femoral for blood cultures. It felt like an epic scene out of an old Chinese drama.
I had to take blood from a patient with achondroplasia, who insisted that I poked his femorals for blood because he was insensate below the waist. Having tried poking his tiny femorals without success for 45 minutes, I was rescued by heroic nurses who managed to fill the blood tubes through a tiny vein in his hand.
Just as I thought my work was ending, a patient was found slumped on the toilet floor in a pool of blood, his pants soaked with blood. A heroic attempt to rescue the man ensued, only to be told later that my over-aggressive resuscitation was not necessary for it was simply, a vaso-vagal syncope from an episode of diverticular bleed.
Try taking the bloods to the tune of this:
No comments:
Post a Comment