17 September 2011

MAF 2011

Haha actually this post should have come earlier but I only found the time to do so now, so sorry for the lag time =D

It has been two years since I last visited HC during MAF. I remembered during my first year in uni, I had to miss it because of Malaysian Night. I went back during my second year. Then during my third year, I had to be struck a horrible bout of food poisoning that I was simply stuck in the toilet for most of the day )=

Then this year, the same problem must haunt me again, but this time, on the day before MAF. Thankfully thankfully thankfully by the next day, I had recovered sufficiently to be able to drag myself to Bukit Timah and stayed on for the whole event. I really wanted to join my class for MAF that badly.

Returning to the place where I spent two wonderful years of my youth brought back a flood of memories, both sweet and bitter ones. Being with a group of friends meant that we could relive those shared memories together. Recalling the days when we spent almost all our recess time playing cards at class bench, the time we had together as a class eating lunch at the canteen, singing the once-familiar college songs and dancing for the glory of our faculty during fac dance competition, not forgetting all the stressful and intense periods of mugging right before the exams and A Level. Those good old days...

All those fond memories seemed to be getting more and more distant every year as we progress from being J3s, J4s to this year, J6s. The place that once bonded us together is now occupied by unfamiliar faces. Even the buildings and facilities looked very different now that much alteration has taken place with the construction of Bukit Timah Line occurring just right at the school's doorstep. However, the familiar tunes of the college songs, the few familiar faces from the crowd that we could still call out their names, the few familiar unaltered spots where we used to hang out together, reminded us that this place once belonged to us, and no matter how everything has changed and will change, a part of us still belong to this place, forever.

My greatest respect goes out to Mrs Foo, one of the most awesome teachers I have ever met in my life, for being able to remember almost everyone present by our names. It was simply very touching to know that to this day, this particular teacher who once made such a profound impact in our lives, still have us within her heart. I want to wish her good health and happiness as she continues to inspire more juniors in her teaching career!


I also hope that my CT can watch his health while continue to enjoy teaching! Haha but we really got to thank him for joining us for the awesome dinner at Forture Restaurant!


I <3 HC!

=)

No comments: