Wanted to post this in the afternoon, but somehow the Internet connection for the entire day has been super laggy, even till now. Hmm, wonder if someone is hogging the bandwidth or there is some problem with the network.
Anyway, last night was we had our last F Block Supper! Helped to mince garlic for the garlic bread during the preparation, and after 1 day and 1 night, my fingers still smell of garlic!! I tried scrubbing my fingers with leftover lemon and lots of detergent, but somehow the smell still lingers! Argh... bet last night I was sucking my thumb when I was sleeping, because the garlic bread was simply finger licking good!
Something bad happened today. A bird's nest, built on a branch of a palm tree near the stairwell along my corridor, was destroyed after the branch died and fell off the tree. In it were 2 small chicks that were hatched 2 days ago. 1 chick died, while the other was rescued by a kind-hearted and vigilant neighbour. The adult birds were nowhere in sight, probably hiding somewhere to mourn over the tragedy. It is really saddening, especially when almost everyone staying in the block noticed the nest some 3 weeks ago, with the papa and mama birds taking turns to incubate the eggs despite the horrible weather over that period of time. Hopefully the remaining chick will survive, while the other one, which only had a brief appearance in this cruel and harsh world, would rest in peace.
I don't have a picture of the nest, but here's a sample picture of the adult birds, apparently some kind of pink-necked green pigeon.
Anyway, last night was we had our last F Block Supper! Helped to mince garlic for the garlic bread during the preparation, and after 1 day and 1 night, my fingers still smell of garlic!! I tried scrubbing my fingers with leftover lemon and lots of detergent, but somehow the smell still lingers! Argh... bet last night I was sucking my thumb when I was sleeping, because the garlic bread was simply finger licking good!
Something bad happened today. A bird's nest, built on a branch of a palm tree near the stairwell along my corridor, was destroyed after the branch died and fell off the tree. In it were 2 small chicks that were hatched 2 days ago. 1 chick died, while the other was rescued by a kind-hearted and vigilant neighbour. The adult birds were nowhere in sight, probably hiding somewhere to mourn over the tragedy. It is really saddening, especially when almost everyone staying in the block noticed the nest some 3 weeks ago, with the papa and mama birds taking turns to incubate the eggs despite the horrible weather over that period of time. Hopefully the remaining chick will survive, while the other one, which only had a brief appearance in this cruel and harsh world, would rest in peace.
I don't have a picture of the nest, but here's a sample picture of the adult birds, apparently some kind of pink-necked green pigeon.
No comments:
Post a Comment